segunda-feira, 20 de novembro de 2017

The simulation is great to make fun - English version





(During my personal training to return to the school of my SiFu, in the square of Hipodromo)


While I do my Wing Chun (Chum Kiu) second-level Fighting Drills training in an extra training on the Hipodromo park (an old racetrack square), on a late afternoon on a cloudy Tuesday, I watch a small group of people arrive, holding purses and using shirts printed with various logos - probably of academies and championships - that at first I can not identify due to distance, which makes me think about how old the age is coming and that in other times, I could read even in adverse conditions.Anyway ... I stay in mine and accustomed to the looks of people when I do these open workouts, I'm still doing my workout. I still have to wait for my brother to come from work to get a slow negotiation done during the week and well, when he arrives , will find me very tired. The training is going well, that's what matters ...
Anyway, at the same time that I am moving, I am filtering the movement that occurs around the square. Since I escaped from an incident in a restaurant with my wife a few months ago, I learned not to wear a cap and it has become customary to be talking to someone and observing everything around them, no matter where they are. I'm not confused about what I'm training, but some cannabis users who spend all day protruding, the movement of the city's academy, and passers-by who occasionally stop to try to understand what we're training - after all, what kind of weird moves Are these guys training? - the guys who are coming in, laughing, talking loudly, start to get organized to start some activity.
- '' It must be some pirate kickboxing of this life '' .... I think almost without time of using Lan Gurk (to bar with the leg) to close the heavy circular kick that my student Eduardo sends me well in the head; Although softly, he learned to kick loudly ... and strong - '' With a thousand devils, this guy almost hit me '' ... But no, not this time, man!One of the guys speaks louder than the others. It's the leader, obviously. The guy throws one of the backpacks on the grassy ground of the square and talking about what it seems to me to be about self-defense aspects, goes looking for his objects. I do not pay that much attention. After all, in addition to everything I learned from my SiFu on the subject, I'm not that interested and at the moment, we were getting ready to do boxing - in order to focus on hand techniques - I should have been careful about the blows that go come on top of me in this workout ...The man takes a simulacrum of the firearm (of those 40-point gun models for the police's exclusive use in Brazil) and two simulacra of blades that are more than 30 centimeters long, and the chatter goes on laughing. It is a group that is apparently intertwined. 5 or 6 people, more or less, two women, one accompanied by the probable teenage son, I think. As I go about using combined techniques like Gip Sau / Siu Kwan Sau, I'm using my footwork to be in a better position where I can hinder the angle of my partner - who continues to attack me - and to better observe what they are doing. I still have two rounds to do; "Oh my God ... I should do at least two more extras ... Shit, I should focus more attention here! '' I think.

In one of the breaks between one round and the other, I stop to watch what the guys are doing. No one really bothered to observe these open workouts, as long as you have a certain distance and do not disturb. I see the teacher being grabbed in the back by one of the guys who wears a tie with his left hand to fasten his neck while his right hand rests the sham firearm against his head. The second striker is facing him, holding one of the knives in his right hand, hesitating to move forward. Meanwhile, the defender is giving orders and explaining what he would do in this type of situation, trying to explain the behavioral psyche of the aggressors; It seems a very difficult situation for him ...When the teacher gives the signal with a shout of '' Go! '', The attackers advance. First of all, he manages to move out of the position in which he is in a rather outrageous move, holding the right arm of the first bully with the firearm while the second, still hesitant, takes one step forward and two stops. behind; Yes, the teacher says that his ferocious moves against the first aggressor can impress the second guy and give him enough time to reposition himself. But before that, he manages to take the gun from the opponent's hand and flee from his right flank, positioning the weapon - now in his possession - positioned in an inverted way. The guy with the knife comes on and on, with a cry of; "Get out, get out, get out," he simulates four shots. Two on each offender. Follow the teacher's explanation, out loud, of course ...

"Its over, Finished, boys! This is what you have to do in such a situation. And you have to act fast! If you think hard and do not fit the key as it should be, you're going to die! 'It's better to kill than die!'- '' What the fuck ... They will die before that ... '' I think to myself ... I continue to drink my water and the interval of the round is almost over ...- '' Life is different from the competition, boys! There is no second chance in life! Look ... He put the gun in my head and I was negotiating, groping the right time to act ... until ... boommm, I acted and it was already! ''Looking at all of this, I can not no remember my Si-Hing Eduardo and the loss we had in our school a few years ago and how hard it hit SiFu and all of us. Eduardo that for what I know and saved the mistake, arrived the same day I went to Salvador for the first time and was a great guy! I loved to chat with him when we could. Well, I'm not going to go through it all again because it would be too painful ... But I'm really down with it.

I'm even more impressed how fantasy, non sense and all these nonsense are embedded in the martial and how much it SELLS a lot! I'm going for two extra rounds and when my brother arrives, I try to turn against a combination of Jab, fucking, Jab, crossed and straight that my partner tells me to break my rhythm and take my time on the counter. Well, I go out by the flanks and I release a first Pak Da looking at the punch in the ribs, to come back with an over hand with my back hand looking at the chin. My opponent retreats leaning back. I follow with a second Pak Da reversing my base and I follow to left Soh Gurk closing a combo; As my partner stepped back two more steps and returned to the guard, he gave me time to breathe and restart the game. I get some looks of disdain from some of the guys from the self-defense teacher group, probably students with less training time ... Well, anything, we have a couple of extra gloves right here ...

"Hey, get the guys out there." I tell to my brother discreetly and I return to my last round. I do not pay more attention to the guys or the teacher, but I notice that my brother observes the training of the staff with curiosity. When we finish, we go home talking about it in the car. While my brother was driving, I mention how much I do not believe in these methods and I mention to him the SiFu articles about the Personal Defense Fallacy in his blog (http://brazilianwingchun.blogspot.com.br/2013/01/defesa-pessoal-falacia-da-pilantragem.html) and an episode reported on his facebook. My brother was private security and worked long armed, having experiences in street fights and conflict stubs. He cuts through the conversation and starts telling me;


"Dido, you did not see why you were picking up a lot," he says, making the typical little brother jokes. "But the guy was teaching you to throw a .40" with an inverted fist and with no support. I did not even care about the fucking moves he was making, which is clearly stupid, but until he got where he came, if it was real, he would already be dead. But let's say that in a hypothetical case, even in a world where it works, if he shoots that way, the kick that the gun will give will rip his hand. If it were a weapon of another heavier caliber for example, without proper support and positioning, it would give a deep cut, even an arm displacement ... that's clear in an extreme case. And come here ... Since when did he think that an inexperienced civilian is going to be able to shoot someone the way he was proposing? And since when civil has the same coldness of a military? Since when does he think he can do all this and still say he will escape unharmed? This guy must be crazy or watch a lot of movie ... Simulacro is great to make fun, but in real .... is not so beautiful to take a shot in the mouth ... even more for free. ''The problem is not even that. The fact is that all this falls on what so much SiFu speaks that is more or less this; "If you have to react to a situation, it's because all your preventive strategies have already failed."I go home and my brother follows his path. I can not help but notice the blade positioned strategically near your driver's door. He makes no mention of it, but realizes I realize. When we lose ourselves, we embrace and hear one; - '' I'll give you a present ... ''."Ok, man!" I wait. Next week I'll go to our parents 'house and see you there.'It was a good end to the day, after all ...








Dido
Private disciple of SiFu Marcos de Abreu

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário